StatCtr

Saturday, July 21, 2012

BLOGGING CODE OF CONDUCT

BLOGGING CODE OF CONDUCT
In the tradition of the 50 Shades, here's your personal contract.


1. I will strive to have open and honest dialogues with my readers should they leave me a comment.

2. I understand that respect goes both ways — I will use good judgment in my posts/comments and respond to you in a respectful manner. In return, I ask the same of you.

3. I trust you will be mindful of your personal words of wisdom you share on my blog — anything you write & you share on a blog can be seen by anyone with access to the blog.

4. I will review, post and respond to comments in a timely manner. I welcome constructive criticism. I can't respond to every comment due to time restrictions, but will read all of them.

5. I will not post comments that are spam, inappropriate, defamatory, use profanity, or otherwise demeaning.

6. Take responsibility of your coments.

7. Abusive comments are not allowed - I will eliminate them.

8. Don't say anything online that you wouldn't say in person.

9. Don't use my blog to vent off whatever pent-up anger, stress you have. I or my readers are not your personal stress relief. Use appropriate venues, a hobby perhaps or get professional help.

10. Comments are subject to review - you're welcome to visit my blog & read, but in the end, it is a personal blog. Don't behave in such a way that you wouldn't want a visitor to behave in your own home.

11. Please remember that I employ an SEO in the background, and I know every visitor's IP address, city, state, country with time stamps in the visitor paths. Please don't be abusive. Commenting "anonymously" will not prevent me seeing who the abusive commenter is. The fact that I'm not calling you upon it doesn't mean I don't know who you are.

12. You are here because you are searching, or want to read more about the 50 Shades. That's great: This is one of the many places you can do that online. I love the books, grateful of EL James for creating the characters, and writing the 50 Shades trilogy, a modern day love story. As one of her biggest fans, you will only find me recommending the series. This blog is for the fans of EL James and the 50 Shades trilogy who are looking for more. I just want to share what I humbly write. You are of course free to not to read, or like what you see in which case you can go elsewhere online. I shall endure your absence as stoically as I can. If you dislike the books, and were seeking to vent that anger off because of the content, the style, or any other insignificant reason you might have, I'm quite sure there are blogs or websites to accomodate that particular need, alas, this isn't one of them. Should you assume that I want something in return, I shall remind you the words of wisdom of Diogenes of Sinope: When Alexander the Great addressed Diogenes once with greetings, and asked if he wanted anything, Diogenes replied "Yes, stand a little out of my sunshine." I can state that in any language you speak:
Gölge etme başka ihsan istemem senden.
Μικρὸν ἀπὸ τοῦ ἡλίου μετάστηθι.
Ôte-toi de mon Soleil.
Als ik alles kan krijgen, wil je dan een stap opzij doen, want je staat voor de zon.
Tan solo que te apartes porque me tapas el sol.
نعم. ابتعد فأنت تحجب ضوء الشمس
Geh mir ein wenig aus der Sonne.
Отойди, ты заслоняешь мне солнце.

Therefore, if you are a critic of the book, and feel the unbearable urgency to criticize it to me, and inadvertently critize me for writing a fanfiction on a book you find unworthy-let me remind you before you waste your energy: I simply don't care.
 
13. Finally, thank you for visiting.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree whole heartedly with you on this matter. Be nice or say nothing at all. That's how I was raised.

Anonymous said...

Also I did e- mail you to send me a copy of your depiction of CG and Leila's relationship. Thanks keep doing what you do. I wish you could just write and post. But I know you have a life too.

Unknown said...

You do such an amazing job - I know I'm honored to be a part of this journey :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh poop i have to wait till monday and i have no power and i agree with code of conduct more power to u and i kno u have a life so take ur time love this blog!!!!!!

Ani said...

I missed the Christian and Leila chapter? I did as you suggested Emine I have emailed you...I would loooove to read this chapter.

SunnyDays said...

I NEED to read the Leila chapter! I've been crazy busy lately and haven't been able to check in as often as I would like to. I was so excited to see that title! Feels like I missed something...nasty comments?
I'm emailing you now. I'm dying to read it!

Thank you as always for sharing your amazing talents!
Denise

Unknown said...

I too missed the leila and Christian chapter. I'm sorry you even had to write up these rules of conduct as they all fall under the category of common sense and being respectful. I love your blog and thank you for sharing your words with the rest of us.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you even needed to post these codes of conduct as they all fall under common sense and respectfullness. Thank you for continuing to share your words with the rest of us.

Unknown said...

Thanks for taking time out to quickly send the chapter. It rocked and so do you!!!!

Prince50 said...

Emine',

I have a suggestion, If you place a time before (Leila); make it a memory that goes on in Christian's head at a moment he is confused or remembering. Like when he was telling Ana he might have been the cause of her breakdown. Then let his mind go back.

I did enjoy the Leila memory give more insight. We all have had the guy that we just did not gel with! Christian had 15 women of not geling.

Emaine' the chapter was great I like how she like the punishments. Show that in some ways Christian found this odd. Kind of redeem for me.

Now, I don't understand why you took it down maybe somebody said something but I check all the time. Be encouraged Emine' 99% love your work the other 1% need to go to Dr. Flinn (lol).

Hope you finish your work! Smiles

Eminé Fougner @ Cowboyland said...

Since a large number of you wanted to see the chapter about CG & Ana reposted, I'm posting it again. Read it only if you want to see a different side of him - and compare it if you will to his break-up with Ana. What a difference your love makes!

I have an overwhelming amount of pages to translate; I'm back to being lost in translation...

good night y'all!

Rheg said...

Where do we sign? Teehee <3

smilinred said...

Thank you for the great insight into Christian's mind. I love it. The chapter about Christian and Leila's last moments together was excellant! If people don't like the content, OH WELL!
I have been reading you blog, waiting with bated breath for the next installment
It does fill a void in me while I wait for the next books to come out.
I will still read your blog as it is sensational. THANK YOU

Anonymous said...

I have become such a big fan of your blog I found it thru your fb page.......love everything you do......absolutely brillant......loves.....and thanks