StatCtr

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Chapter XXV ← Christian and Anastasia FanFiction


DINNER WITH THE BITCH TROLL

CHAPTER XXV
My Blackberry rings. It’s my assistant Andrea.
“Grey,” I answer curtly.
“Sir, there are a few problems with the shipment to Darfur I wanted to inform you about,” she says knowing my impatience with long winded conversations.
“Such as?” I probe.
“Sir, warlords are intercepting with the shipments even if they’re air dropped,” she says getting right to the point.
“And the land delivery is unsafe for both the local crew as well as the Americans. Fuckers! It’s not enough that they make their own people suffer, must they also take the food away from the mouths of the babies!” I rant angrily.
“Okay, have the security team look into it, and have Welch check viable options for safer drops for the people the shipment is intended for. Once he comes up with a workable option, have him call me to confer,” I say firmly.
“Yes, sir,” she replies.
“That’s all Andrea,” I say and hang up. Of all the problems...there’s always going to be one more.  This is going to be a costly project, but one near and dear to my heart. It bothers me that children are starving around the world for no better reason than someone else is holding off their food from them.
I work two more hours before I get ready to leave for dinner with Elena. My Blackberry buzzes and the sender puts a broad grin on my face. How does she do that? (← You're in My Heart by Rod Stewart) 
_____________________________________________
From: Anastasia Steele
Subject: Who are you to cry thief?
Date: May 31 2011 22:17 EST
To: Christian Grey
Dear Sir,
I think it was Elliot’s line originally.
Hanging how?
Your Ana
_____________________________________________
That one short message is like light in the darkness taking me away from all other worldly distractions.
_____________________________________________
From: Christian Grey
Subject: Unfinished business
Date: May 31 2011 19:21
To: Anastasia Steele
Dear Miss Steele,
I’m so glad you’re back. Just when things were getting very interesting, you left so suddenly and left me hanging.
Elliot isn’t very original. He’ll have stolen that line from someone else.
How was your dinner?
Christian Grey
CEO, Grey Enterprises Holdings Inc.
_____________________________________________
I hit send waiting for her reply impatiently. Can I be any more immature?
_____________________________________________
From: Anastasia Steele
Subject: Unfinished business?
Date: May 31 2011 22:25 EST
To: Christian Grey
Dear Sir,
Dinner was satisfactory. You’ll be quite happy to know that I ate everything on my plate, and certainly far more than I ought to.
Getting interesting? How?
_____________________________________________
Why is she toying with me even now? Baby did you just forget that you asked me to unzip your dress?
_____________________________________________
From: Christian Grey
Subject:  Definitely unfinished business
Date: May 31 2011 19:29
To: Anastasia Steele
Anastasia, are you deliberately being obtuse? You asked me to unzip your dress earlier which was something I was looking forward to doing.
I too am very glad to hear you are eating well.  
Christian Grey
CEO, Grey Enterprises Holdings Inc.
_____________________________________________
She’s mastering her own ways to drive me insane in every possible way. But, I’m a man of many talents Miss Steele. Two can play at the same game.
_____________________________________________
From: Anastasia Steele
Subject: Well...there’s always the weekend
Date: May 31 2011 22:35 EST
To: Christian Grey
Of course I eat. The reason I’m put off food is the uncertainty I feel around you.
Besides, I’d never be unintentionally obtuse Mr. Grey.
I’m sure you’ve worked that out by now ;)
_____________________________________________
So, that’s how it is... She is toying with my affections. Hmmm.
_____________________________________________
From: Christian Grey
Subject:  Can’t wait for the weekend
Date: May 31 2011 19:39
To: Anastasia Steele
I shall endeavor to remember that Miss Steele. And believe me when I say that baby, I will no doubt use that knowledge to my advantage.
I’m actually very sorry to hear that I am the one who puts you off your food. I was under the impression that I had a more concupiscent effect on you. At least that has been my experience and a most pleasurable one indeed.
I very much look forward to the next time. 

Christian Grey
CEO, Grey Enterprises Holdings Inc.
_____________________________________________
She replies right back.
_____________________________________________
From: Anastasia Steele
Subject: Gymnastic linguistics
Date: May 31 2011 22:35 EST
To: Christian Grey
Mr. Grey –
Have you been playing with the thesaurus again?
_____________________________________________
I check my time, and I will barely make it on time, so, I have to get going to meet Elena for dinner.
_____________________________________________
From: Christian Grey
Subject:  Rumbled
Date: May 31 2011 19:39
To: Anastasia Steele
How well you know me Miss Steele.
I’ll be having dinner with an old friend now, so I’ll be driving.
Laters baby© 

Christian Grey
CEO, Grey Enterprises Holdings Inc.
_____________________________________________

I arrive at our upscale and exclusive restaurant. I hand my key to the valet. I go inside and I’m quickly greeted and taken to my usual seat where Elena is waiting. She gets up smiling at me warmly.
“Hello Christian!” she greets me with a friendly smile on her face.
“Hi Elena,” I respond back to her with what I hoped the same warmth she’s giving me, and lean in for her to kiss me on both my cheeks as her hands connects with my upper arms while she’s kissing my cheeks. She releases me, and we both sit down at the same time. The waiter rushes to the table, and asks what I like to drink. I order Châteauneuf-du-Pape White 2009 without even looking at the wine menu.
After the waiter scurries away, Elena scrutinizes me with her assessing gaze. She misses nothing.
“You seem a little on edge today Christian. Is everything alright?”
“Yes,” I say a little too brusquely.
“Alright,” she says with a smile playing on her expertly made up lips. “I assumed you would want to talk about her,” she says significantly. “I’ve never seen you this on edge...” she says, then amends herself. “Well, not in so many years. What’s going on? Is it about your new sub?”
“Yes,” I say knowing not much is going to escape her knowing scrutiny. “Anastasia left town. So, I’m a little apprehensive because of it.”
“For good? I thought you two just met,” she says surprised and my reaction even shocks me.
“Heavens, no! I can’t handle her absence even for a day! It’s been less than twenty four hours,” I say checking my watch, “and I’ve been nothing but an ogre to everyone around me. She went to Georgia to see her mother,” I say. She raises her eyebrows, looking at me anew like she just met me.
“Well... How’s sex? I take that it’s beyond your expectations if you missed her that much,” she smiles.
“It’s spectacular for one who’s so young, so innocent, so willing to learn considering she was a virgin,” I say looking at Elena trying to gauge her reaction.
To my surprise she chokes on her Châteauneuf-du-Pape White 2009. Her reaction makes me smile.
“She was a virgin?” she asks a little too sharply making me narrow my eyes on her.
“Yes. Is that a problem?” I ask defensively.
“No. But I never took you for a virgin man. When did this change of taste develop? All your subs were experienced and established submissives. Given her age, I had assumed that she had less experience than the other ones, but a virgin? Christian, are you sure she can fulfill all your needs dear?” she asks softly. Too softly.
“No one has ever fulfilled my needs as much as she does!” I say defensively.
“Come now! Given what you have just revealed, she was completely inexperienced in sex until, what three weeks ago...” she says raising her eyebrows questioning. “You know it takes years to master submissiveness. It took you years,” she says with a knowing smile. “How do you know she’ll meet all your needs?” she says in firm whisper leaning in. “You have needs that even a very experienced submissive can’t fulfill. Dark needs...” she says as she leans back letting the rest of her thoughts linger in the air.
My gaze darkens in rising anger. “I don’t like you speaking in those terms about Anastasia! I like her!” I say my gaze not leaving hers. Then my voice softens with the thoughts of Anastasia. “A lot actually... I never know what she will do, or say which is a breath of fresh air actually. She is smart, witty, a great negotiator,” I say with an idiotic grin on my face. “I’ve never felt this alive - ever in my life! She makes me feel completely, utterly, significantly alive! I lose my reason around her, but then it’s a conundrum. She gives me a new purpose, a new reason for being.”

“I’m intrigued Christian. But smart, witty, a great negotiator are skills one should be looking in an employee, not a sexual partner. Perhaps she could be more of a use in your company than in your Playroom. But, if you like her that much, I’d like to meet her,” she says coolly as if she'd be doing me a favor. My mouth drops open with her assessment.
“I'm not looking for an employee!" I say harshly. "Although if she so desired, she would be a very valuable one. I have had a large number of women who haven't had those skills, and quite a bit of sexual prowess but clearly we still weren't compatible. Those are skills I value in her because she knows how to apply them into the relationship we have. And clearly, seeing your reservations, and Anastasia's less than highly regard for you, having the two of you meet is a bad idea,” I say with a flat expression.
“Why is that? Don’t tell me you don’t want to introduce her to your teacher,” she says and I give her pointed look.
“She doesn’t want to meet you. I think she hates you for introducing me to BDSM lifestyle when I was 15. She sees you as a child molester,” I say expressionless. (← Toxic by Britney Spears) Elena actually blanches, taken aback.
“Christian! You know it wasn’t like that!” she says defensively. “I had seen you being destructive to yourself, and quite frankly your parents were exasperated trying to deal with your fighting, school issues or had you forgotten that you were kicked out of three different schools within one year; they were running out of options and short of homeschooling you there were hardly any school left for you to attend. So what this lifestyle that your new sub" she says pointedly, "loathes has taught you to be in charge of your own destiny. To be in control. It diverted your destructive tendencies into a different channel so you didn’t harm yourself; taught you how to focus, and be goal oriented. I wasn't intending to harm you in any way. That was the only way I knew you can channel your tendencies to let steam out, so you can focus. It didn't do you any harm either. I mean, look at you! Women desire you, and men want to be you! You're richer than dirt, and so young too! You have your whole life ahead of you, and it's only because you've learned to control your destructive tendencies, learned to let out steam without harming yourself, and learned to focus, and be goal oriented. Of course a long the way, we had fun.”
“I know. She doesn’t understand our relationship, and she is apprehensive about it. It's a free country, and clearly she’s entitled to her opinion,” I say.
“But, that’s not how you feel, is it?” she asked concerned leaning in. “You know how much your friendship means to me. I care about you immensely. You’re the only person I care as much about...” she says pausing. “More than anyone else. I can't emphasize how much your friendship means, how very important it is to me Christian; and I don’t want to lose it. Certainly not because of one of your subs!” she reiterates forcefully, emphasizing.
“Please don’t refer to Anastasia as ‘one of my subs.’ I care about you and your friendship means a great deal to me as well. We are also business partners which benefited us both immensely. Anastasia doesn’t understand our relationship because she doesn’t have a fucked up past like I do which I’m thankful for. I don’t think I could have handled it if she had a past,” I say shaking my head.
Elena eyes me carefully, as if she’s assessing a new person before her that she’s never met. I continue talking about my feelings for Anastasia. “Her absence,” I say pausing, trying to catch my breath, “constricts my heart, like someone is about to rip it apart. And the fact that she’s clear across the country, the thought that she might meet another suitor over there makes me beyond jealous! I can’t name this emotion. It’s completely foreign to me Elena!”  I say out of breath.
“I see... Well, if you have such strong feelings for her,” she says putting her hand over mine on the table, “and that you miss her this much, why don’t you go after her? That’s the logical thing to do... Don’t you think?” she probes for more.
“She went to Georgia, because she can’t think clearly around me,” I sigh. “Neither can I for that matter, but, I think she needs to assess her feelings for me, and decide whether our relationship would work as it is.” I say.
“Christian! I’m surprised at you! She’s your sub! A sub doesn't think! He or she just does what he or she is told. She ought to do what she is asked to do, otherwise, dump her ass, and get one that obeys you properly the way a sub should,” she says firmly like the Dom she is. I narrow my eyes on her.
“Elena, don’t give me your Dom shit! I don’t need that fuck, and I know it better than you do how a Sub should be!” I say through gritted teeth, and I notice that she slightly flinches back, but regains her control. “But, I do want to give her the space she asked for, wants, and needs. But today, as we were e-mailing back and forth, she said that she wished I was there. I think she misses me as much as I miss her. I want this to work between us... Badly. She’s not just any sub. She’s important to me...”
Elena gazes at me for a long minute and says, “You have your answer then; if she said she wishes you were there, she wants you to come. Given her inexperience, well, given the lack of sex she had all her life, and the short time you two have been together, do you think it's wise to invest into this,” she pauses to find a suitable word, and adds, "...this, I don't want to call it a relationship, although I suppose you can for the lack of a better expression... oh yes, arrangement," she says happy with herself for finding a word that was beneath the status of a relationship.




"Do you think it's wise to invest this much into this arrangement? I'm saying this because; I'm truly concerned about you Christian. I think you are emotionally investing into this arrangement and in such a short time at that. Seeing as she's taken off because you are too intense for her, and given the fact that you are emotionally involved with her," she says as I make a face, "don't tell me you are not Christian! I can see that in your posture, in your body language... You know I can read you like a book. I've known your body very well inside and out," she says with a fond expression on her face.  
"So, I know you are more involved with her even you were to say that you aren't. That concerns me... A lot actually. Because, you're moving into an unknown territory. It's outside of your norm. It's a dangerous territory, because you're exposing yourself for all kinds of emotional hurt. And emotions make us lose control. You know that better than anyone. Especially considering she’s someone you just met. Maybe she should just stay in Georgia,” she says, and my mouth drops open. 

“What the hell Elena!" I say exasperated. "She's the first woman, I wanted to have more than just a Dom - Sub relationship! She gives me hope. She makes me see the possibilities of more. Not a changing number of Subs with whom I have only the fucking in common, but, a steady relationship. I don’t want to screw this up Elena! I don’t want to scare her away. I don’t think I can handle of not being with her,” I state with grief laden voice.
Elena’s mouth drops open, her eyes go wide.
“Christian Grey! I can’t believe it! Are you in love with her?” she blurts out.
I look at her shocked, and I feel my eyes going wild with fear. “No! No! Definitely not! I don’t do love! I don’t deserve her love... I... I can’t love. You said it before – it’s a useless emotion.” I shake my head. “No, I can’t... I mean, I don’t think I’m in love,” say without knowing whether I want to convince Elena, or myself.
“Hmm...” says Elena without leaving her gaze away from me, “let me restate that phrase Christian. You are in love with her!” she says with an unequivocally convinced voice – the kind of voice one would utter who is convinced of a certain truth putting their name and reputation in line. "But, are you sure this is good for you? Are you sure she's good for you, deserving of you?" she says with geniune concern lacing her voice. (← You Know I'm No Good by Amy Winehouse)
I look at her bewildered. “I can’t be in love Elena! I’m the one who is no good for her! She's so innocent, so pure. She has such a heart that knows nothing of the dark, nothing nasty the world has to offer. I'm afraid of tainting her. She's not like us! She's above us, better than us. She's like an angel who took notice of me, cared for me, and I don't want to be her downfall,” I say with fear in my voice.
“Christian! You’re always so harsh on yourself with so much self-deprecation! You have to stop that dear! She should hope that she’s good enough for you! You’re a good catch Christian...” she chides me. “You’re handsome, rich, and talented in many venues that women are interested in. You’re one of a kind! And that angel crap; it's overstated. I mean there are a slough of nice guys around... Why don't all those nice guys capture happiness, and provide happiness to the women around them? Hmmm? Because, that's not what women want! Women want someone who understands what they don't understand about themselves. We all have something dark in us. Something beneath the surface. When someone else comes calling upon that, it awakens feelings we didn't know existed in us. Everyone wants to taste the dark side, but no one wants to admit it! 

You know the 'light' as you put it is overstated. Who in his right mind doesn't want mindblowing sex? Who in her right mind would leave a sex god, a man who is more handsome than Adonis, richer than small countries in the world? Where would she find someone like you? You are one of the few eligible bachelors who possess these qualities, not just in this country, but in the entire world! "she says exasperated. "Whereas you can wave your hand and find hundreds, hell, thousands of Anastasias who would in fact run to do your bidding to the letter! You can have your pick of women... It is she who is lucky to have your regard dear,” she says very convinced of her convictions about me, making me furious and my anger comes out of my pores.
Elena! I don’t ever want you to speak of Anastasia as if she something dime a dozen! She’s none of those things! I have the highest regard for her, and she’s one among millions. In the course of my entire life, I have not met anyone like her! Not one single person! I do like her, because she cares nothing about my money! I can't even get her accept a simple present without a fight, or a long winded argument! She's affected by my looks, but she sees me beyond that. She washes away all that shit that surrounds me, and I'm bare naked in my dark soul before her. As for sex, it's beyond amazing, because we, our bodies connect, and desire each other in such a way that we're meant for each other. The electricity the pull between us is palpable, tasteble, very tangent. It’s true that I lose my reason around her, and she with me, but then...” I pause and add, “then, I also find a renewed purpose in her presence. She’s so precious to me. I have this immense desire to protect and care for her. I have feelings which I cannot name, and it scares the life out of me! But, the thought of losing her is the worst fear I’ve ever had in my life! I can’t even handle it in the hypothetical.  It’s too scary... My affection for her is soul deep,” I say confessing.
“You really are in love with her Christian! Whatever you might say after this confession, you cannot convince me otherwise! I know you better than anyone...” she says but I cut her off.
“Not anyone! Anastasia knows me better!” I correct her. She narrows her eyes on me, fixes her expertly cut hair, tucking it behind her ear with a well-manicured finger.
“Better than me?” she asks incredulous.
“You know I’m very private,” I say to her with an impassive expression.
“And I’ve known you intimately since you were fifteen, Christian!” she enunciates, trying to correct me.
“No Elena! You and I were as intimate as a car collison,” I correct her. “You and I started fucking when I was fifteen and it lasted until I was twenty one. But that was the extent of it. I fucked you every imaginable and unimaginable way possible, and I subbed for you, and you dominated me. Well, we also exchanged roles for a short while, but, that was the extent of it. You and I can talk about just about anything, but she’s the one person I ever allowed to know me intimately. To love me, to make love to me. You and I never made love. We just fucked! We haven't even kissed!” I glare at her.
“That was the best fucking...” she simply states. “Can Anastasia come up to par with our fucking?” she asks bluntly. I smile at her proudly.
“She’s better than all the women I fucked combined,” I say grinning.
“Ouch!” she says smiling. “That’s harsh.”
“You asked for it. I state it as I see it, Elena.”
“Well, since you have such a high regard for her Christian, and that you’re in love with her,” she says and I open my mouth to protest again. She holds her hand up to say her peace.
“Look, you’d be the last to know, but I can see that you are in love with her. I have never, EVER, seen you this way! If you have even a prayer of having your relationship in the context you want working the way it should, you have to go to her. Fly out there! See your woman if you’re missing her so much. Apparently she told you she’s missing you, too. If she feels the same for you, she wouldn’t be bothered seeing you even if she says she needs the distance. Unless, of course she has someone or something else other than the motive she stated. Go to her. Get to your woman Christian!” she says.

All of a sudden I feel the desire burning deep to see Anastasia. I’ve missed her, and I don’t know if I can stay away three days without this burning desire consuming me whole.
“I want to give her the space she needs, so she can think clearly. But, I do wish to see her,” I say longing.
Oh, baby, I can see the longing in your eyes for her. She might in fact be freaked out, but how will you find out what she’s up to,” she says, and I swear I hear her murmur, “or whom she’s on top of,” but it’s such a slight voice, I’m not sure if I heard her or imagined it. I narrow my gaze, but she gives nothing away, and sips away her wine.

"I assume you are pursuing her to be your Sub still, right? Don't tell me, after all these years, you are changing your ways to be with a virgin who knows practically nothing about sex. If that's the case, I hate to tell you but you are in for a disappointment, and I hate to see you that way Christian. You know what works for you! You know what benefited you, and provided you the proper release that you craved. You need to find out if those are things that she can provide for you."

"I still want her as my Sub, but I am willing to be 'more', and give her 'more'. That's what she wants. We are learning to compromise to each other's wants and needs," I say.  "If it's important for her, it's important for me," I simply state, and Elena looks at me gaping  as if I said that I decided to become a celibate monk moving to Tibet living in seclusion of the Himalayas. For the first time during the course of our dinner, she's speechless.
As determination floods me to go to Georgia to be with my woman, my Blackberry buzzes, and its Anastasia. I open my message and hastily and excitedly check her message.
_____________________________________________
From: Anastasia Steele
Subject: Suitable Dinner Companions
Date: May 31 2011 23:57 EST
To: Christian Grey
I sure hope that you and your friend had a very pleasant dinner.
Ana
PS: Was it Mrs. Robinson?
_____________________________________________
Knowing that Anastasia only sees red when Elena is the subject matter, I decide to respond her when I leave, or perhaps none at all until I get to Georgia. I don’t want to alert Elena of our private conversations; neither do I want to kindle Anastasia’s fire.  I safely tuck my Blackberry into my jacket’s pocket.
“What is it?” asks Elena.
“Nothing,” I say smiling. “Do you know what Anastasia calls you?”
“No,” she says a little apprehensively. “Nothing bad or undeserving I hope,” she replies.
“No. Your nickname is ‘Mrs. Robinson’, “ I say.
She smiles at that. “Mrs. Robinson,” she says, trying it for size. “She must be really special for you Christian. Because she’s the only Sub that you’ve talked about me, or what we’ve had before among any of your subs. Though, obviously subs come and go...” she says her sentence hanging in the air.
“Yes, subs may come and go, but Anastasia stays!” I say firmly. Elena has a sad smile on her face which is quickly replaced by a compassionate look.
“Go to her,” she says taking a large gulp of her wine.
“I intend to,” I say. “She’s mine!” She looks at me impassively for a minute.
“Indeed. If she’s trying to reassess her feelings as you say she is doing, she might get scared and run away. But, if she desires you as much as you desire her, she might be happy to see you as well. You would never know until you try, Christian,” she states.

"Are you coming to my parents' fundraiser next week?" I ask her questioning and changing the topic. If she is coming, I'd like to persuade her to stay at home, because I don't want Anastasia to be upset if she's there.

"I am donating a pass for two for the day. Did you want me to come? I was intending to," she says speculatively.

"I would rather you didn't. I don't want to make Anastasia uncomfortable," I say.

"Oh," she says taking another large gulp of her wine. "In that case, I won't come," she says nodding which relieves me. "I'm a bit hurt Christian," she says smiling. "We've been more than friends for years, and you're giving precedence to a sub you've met only three weeks ago. I was hoping you value our relationship more," she states.

"Elena, I will shy away from anything that might damage what I have with her. I have to find out, and see it through. Right now, I will not cross your and her paths. You have a different place for me. You're my friend. The only friend it seems. But, she's my 'more', or the one I want to have 'more' with. Please give me the courtesy to make this work," I ask her.

"Christian, of course! I want you to be happy. In fact, seeing you happy pleases me. I hope she knows what she has in her hands. My only concern is for you dear! You're a good man, and my best friend too! I value you, and our relationship so much, that I wouldn't want anything or anyone jepordizing it. You won't let it, will you?"

I look at her pointedly.

"You're my friend Elana, and I will value our friendship as long as it doesn't hurt what I have with Anastasia. I hope you respect that. We have a shared history, a past. I care for you in my own way. So, what we have remains, but, I want you to give her the space as she clearly dislikes you, and don't interfere with my relationship with her. As long as you get that, we have no problems," I state.

She nods.
*
By the time I leave the restaurant, it’s about 9:30 and I have made my decision to go to Georgia. After the valet drives my car up, I stay in it for a few minutes to text Anastasia back. But, wanting to surprise her overcomes my urge, and I stop myself.
I want her to know that I have no sexual interest in Elena, and that my mind is only focused on Anastasia alone. I only want her and desire her. No one else! I miss her. I really miss her... But, I want my visit to be a surprise for her...hopefully a surprise that won’t scare the life out of her. 
I put my phone on the cradle to activate the Bluetooth. I dial Taylor.
“Yes, sir,” is his answering greeting.
“Taylor, I want you to call my pilot for the jet. Have him and the co-pilot on the standby. By the time I get home, I want you to make a reservation at a hotel in Savannah. We’re going to Georgia tonight,” I order.
I swear I almost hear a sigh of relief from Taylor.
“Yes, sir!” he says a little too enthusiastically.  We hang up.
“Baby, you want more. I’m ready, willing, and able to give you more,” I say to Anastasia as if she's in my presence. I just hope what I offer is enough for her.

*
When I get to Escala, Taylor already packed a bag for me, and he got the pilot and the co-pilot on standby.
“We should be able to take off in four hours sir,” he says.
“Four hours? It should not take four fucking hours to take off! The plane isn’t schedule to fly for another two days!“ I say exasperated.
“I’m sorry sir. That’s the reason it’s going to take four hours. Because the pilot is out of town, and he’s driving back. I think it’d be best for everyone’s safety that we have our pilot or the co-pilot rested before they take off to fly clear across the country.” I give my pointed look at him, and sigh.
“Alright! Four hours, and not one minute more!” I miss my woman with such an intensity that everything makes me mad - even the loyal employees.  (All I Want is You by U2)
“Yes, sir. Allow me some time to make the hotel reservation,” he says. I nod.
*
By the time we take off, it’s nearly 4:00 a.m. the next day. I am unable to sleep, but I try to occupy myself reading the long winded e-mail Anastasia sent me. I’ve memorized most of it, but I find myself reading it over and over again. I try to keep myself busy by reading some business reports as well, but I’m still nervous. I see Taylor eyeing me, but says nothing, his face impassive.
By the time we land in Savannah, it is 3:00 p.m. local time. We have an SUV on the standby at the airport, and it whisks us to our hotel. Taylor reserved a suite for me as usual, and it’s one of the best hotels in Savannah. I’m excited with the prosect of seeing Anastasia, and my excitement is palpable for being in the same town as my woman. The thought of possibility of seeing her changes my mood, and I’m much happier, and less of an ogre. I know where Anastasia’s mother lives. Mrs. Carla Adams married to Robert, a.k.a. Bob Adams. In fact, I know everything about Anastasia, down to her kindergarten teacher.  I intend to rest today, and maybe take a look at some land for investment purposes. If Anastasia is going to be coming here, I might have legitimate reason to come back with her when she’s visiting her mother here.
After checking into the hotel, I go to my suite, and take a long shower. The weather is hot and humid and sticky here.  I have the gripping desire to drive up and see my woman, but I don’t want to scare her. I’ll leave her alone today, and call her tomorrow and surprise her. I need to sleep, and rest a little, as I’ve gotten nearly no sleep last night during the flight. Though I have a small bedroom in my jet and I could sleep there comfortably, the thoughts of Anastasia and the excitement that I would be seeing her prevented me getting a wink of sleep. I’m thoroughly exhausted. But, I want to do something special for Anastasia, and show her that I’m willing to do “more” for her. I want her to participate in my second most favorite hobby – second because it got downgraded from the first position to second after I met Anastasia. Flying. I task Taylor with the arrangements. He’ll report to me once it’s scheduled.
I finally go to sleep to take a short nap after having a late lunch. When I wake up again it’s nearly seven in the evening. I still have work to do, and since my routine is three hours behind the local time, I don’t want to disrupt my regular schedule. I have calls from Andrea and Ros. Business can’t wait, so I tend to work.
I take a shower, and put on my jeans and my white linen shirt on. I run my fingers through my hair which should subdue it for the time being. I make my way downstairs to the hotel’s restaurant. The waiter leads me to a quiet corner, and I order some wine first. I check the menu, and get sea bass, wild rice, and asparagus with hollandaise sauce and arugula salad.
My mind keeps drifting back to Anastasia, and I’m excited but also apprehensive not knowing how she would react my presence in Savannah. She came here to get away from me after all, but she did say she wished I was here.  So, here I am. As I am eating my dinner, I decide to send Anastasia’s last e-mail a response. I know how she feels about Elena, so, I want to soothe her apprehension about her.
_____________________________________________
From: Christian Grey
Subject:  Dinner Companions
Date: June 1 2011 21:41 EST
To: Anastasia Steele
Yes, I had dinner with Mrs. Robinson. She’s just an old friend Anastasia.
I’m looking forward to seeing you again. I miss you.
Christian Grey
CEO, Grey Enterprises Holdings Inc.
_____________________________________________
Just as I hit send on my Blackberry, I look up, and I see Anastasia sitting at the bar with her mother drinking a Cosmo. She never ceases to surprise me. It was I who wanted to surprise her tomorrow, and she surprised me by being here with her mother having a drink or two. Her mother leaves to go somewhere as she receives my message. Because I see her checking her Blackberry. Her face is flushed beet red with anger. She quickly types her response as I gaze at her from my table.
_____________________________________________
From: Anastasia Steele
Subject: OLD Dinner Companions
Date: May 31 2011 23:43 EST
To: Christian Grey
Christian, you can’t make me believe that she’s just an old friend.
Has she found another adolescent boy to sink her fangs into?
Have you gotten too old for her?
Was this the reason your relationship finished?
_____________________________________________
Holy fuck! She’s madder than what her red face has shown, and her anger takes me by surprise. I never had to explain myself to anyone in the past nearly seven years. It’s both hot and unnerving.  Part of it is because I know she’s jealous. But, I’m also unnerved because I like my autonomy. And I somehow love that about her. She’s being possessive of me. As I’m gazing at Anastasia while typing my response back to her, her mother returns to the bar, and sees Anastasia upset. A conversation goes between them, and Anastasia shakes her head. I watch them order another round of drink. It’s time to let her know I’m here.
_____________________________________________
From: Christian Grey
Subject:  careful...
Date: June 1 2011 21:46 EST
To: Anastasia Steele
I do not wish to discuss this via e-mails.
How many Cosmopolitans are you intending to drink tonight?
Christian Grey
CEO, Grey Enterprises Holdings Inc.
_____________________________________________
As she receives my e-mail on her Blackberry, all color drains from her face. Her head snaps up and she looks around to locate me. It doesn’t take long for her to find me. Our eyes lock. She’s breathless? I move slowly through the crowd without taking my eyes off her. I’m nervous, mad, excited, happy, and tense. Here goes nothing. I’m looking at my woman gazing at me completely shocked. Our usual energy pulling us again, palpable. I haven’t laid eyes on her for a few days, and I’m nervous, and ready to take her in my arms. But I'm beyond nervous about her reaction. I reach to their table at the bar my gaze still fixed on my woman.
“Hi,” she squeaks barely audible.
“Hi,” I respond, leaning down and kissing her cheek chastely though I want to do much more than that. I’ve missed her, and though relief floods me, I’m also nervous how she’ll receive me. I look at her as if eyeing a wild animal whose reaction might go either way. I feel the anger coming out of her pores, but her Southern charm takes over with the present company. I feel a momentary relief. I want her. God, do I want her! (← Baby, I Need Your Loving by The Four Tops)


28 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had to install an app so I can check if you have posted or not. I'm totally hooked. ;D

CAG4Life said...

I have been at work checking every hour for this update!!!!!! I love it, and when you left us hanging at the end I was like NOOOOOOOOO. But these are great, I can't wait till you get into 50 Shades Darker and see the breakup from Christians POV!

Unknown said...

Hi I started reading your blog a couple of days ago & havent been able to stop ..i think it is amazing...i love reading from christians POV & i think you do a awesome job writing it.. i cant wa it for the next chapter & will be checking constantly to see if you have updated, i love your blog & THANK YOU FOR WRITING IT & GIVING US MORE OF CHRISTIAN & ANA :)

Jude said...

Persuasive, moi? ;) To be honest, my husband is from New Zealand so I knew it was Monday there already. In fact, I'm a Canadian, married to a Kiwi, living in London (England) so I'm acutely aware that it's always yesterday, today or tomorrow somewhere in the world. But we can discuss this further on "Wednesday" ;)

I'm about to read your chapter but I just wanted to say before I start that I love the title :)

Anonymous said...

Yes the title fits for the chapter. Love it. Cant wait till Wednesday. :)

Jude said...

Another great chapter Emine! I like how you subtly demonstrate that Elena possesses many of the same characteristics as Christian: she fundamentally cares for her ex-sub, but she's possessive, competitive, controlled, and strategic. Clearly, the idea that some new upstart sub that Christian has known for 5 minutes is upstaging her in her sexual prowess and (what she perceives to be) her level of intimacy/influence over him is eating away at her. It would be awesome to see this chapter from Elena's POV! I bet most of what she says would be preempted by some very colourful expletives :) You know she's thinking "WTF! Who does this f*cking bitch think she is?!", but what's coming out of her mouth is "She sounds lovely". I wouldn't be surprised if she half choked on the massive filter she's using before she speaks. As for Christian, well, Elena's telling him what he wants to hear ("go to Georgia") so he makes it very easy for her to play him.

Can't wait for the next instalment. Once again, thank you for doing this!

Tash said...

OMG!!! You leave us hanging. The chapters are getting better and better. I find myself re-reading from chapter 1 so that when you post the next chapters it just flows. I can't wait for the next chapter. Oh let it be Wednesday soon 😉🙏

Tash said...

OMG!!! You leave us hanging. The chapters are getting better and better. I find myself re-reading from chapter 1 so that when you post the next chapters it just flows. I can't wait for the next chapter. Oh let it be Wednesday soon. Tash ox

Keisha said...

Once again, another great chapter! Great dialogue between Christian & Elena and the way I would've invisioned that conversation going. Then it gets to the end when Ana realizes Christian is in Georgia and I didn't want it to end!! One of my many fave parts of the book & I can't wait for the next chapter! Wednesday can't come soon enough :)

Laura said...

Another wonderful chapter!!! I knew you were going to end with him going to her table....aaaarrrrgggghhhh!! You make me want more...more...more!! Great job!

Tash said...

So glad everyone has the same affliction I'm very much looking forward to the gliding experience from Christian's pov and the phone call about leila omg can't wait for your take on it. It's all so very exciting ;) Much love ox

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this chapter even if it leaves us hanging. I also would enjoy a chapter from Elena's point of view. This is one of my favorite parts in the book,I can't wait until Wednesday.

Char

crazy4choi said...

i just got home from picking up my kids from shcool, and its raing so hard since lastnight.. and i fired up my laptop and here you are... an update... thanx... working on it right now.....we already passed 100 subscribers....... :))

Deborah said...

You never disappoint me!! I can't wait for the next post. I was so excited when I saw the new addition, and I've read it twice already. I don't care to hear from Elena POV though..keep it going from Christian's POV. Thank you for this treat!!

Jude said...

Upon re-reading this a second time, I was just thinking about how disingenuous it is for Elena to be taking so many shots at Ana for being a virgin and inexperienced. We know that this is exactly what Christian was when she sunk her claws into him. And seeing as she kept him around for 6 years, she must know there's more to it then she's letting on. Yes, Elena's POV would be very interesting indeed...

Anonymous said...

Fantastic, thakyou, thankyou, I love reading Christians pov. You are so talented. Please don't stop.
Kathy Australia

linda said...

This is my favourite chapter so far! :) your doing a brilliant job and i cant wait for wednesday... is it wednesday yet???? lol

Anonymous said...

I am on my second round of reading the books and I have read all the chapters that you have written as well...I am totally addicted! After I finish "Freed", I am going to read book one along with your blog simultaneously. What a guilty pleasure! Thank you!
Jen

Ani said...

Bravo!!!!! another great chapter..I loved it. Can't wait for Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

I found you blog a week ago and have not been able to stop reading. Thank you for writing Christian's POV I think it is brilliant. You are keeping me addicted to the story and it brings a whole new depth to it. Thank you again for doing this.


Cathryn

Mary said...

WOW!!! I am just reading this chapter and it was beyond expectations. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Found your blog a couple of days ago and am so glad I did. I am really enjoying reading it from Christian's POV. You are brilliant and thank you so much for sharing. Like so many others have said, please don't stop :)

Gill, Scotland

Eminé Fougner @ Cowboyland said...

Welcome Gill! Thank you! I'll keep writing. Everyone's encouragements mean a lot to me.

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog! Can't stop reading! You are a wonderful writer! Can't wait to read more! Cathy

Unknown said...

I'm hooked

Unknown said...

Anastasia isn't a southern girl. She's from Montesano, Washington, in the Pacific Northwest.

Loved seeing the vile assssssp, Mrs. R, at work.

Eminé Fougner @ Cowboyland said...

No, she isn't a southern girl Evie, but she is in deep south at the time. It's more like an acquired behavior than being a local.

Anonymous said...

Two thumbs up yet again Emine! I also love the title :)