StatCtr

Monday, December 12, 2011

Chapter I ← Fan Fiction: FIFTY SHADES OF GREY - CHRISTIAN AND ANASTASIA


THE FIRST SIGHT
Chapter I


Just as I dismiss Claude Bastille, he turns on his heels at the door and grins “Golf, this week, Grey,” he says, rubbing in the fact that he can kick my butt in the golf course as well.  He’s one of the best mixed martial arts instructors there is, and trains me very well as he should since I pay him well for his instructions. He kicks my butt on the matt often as expected though I give him a run for his money. He was an Olympic contender.  I’ve been working out with him every day in the last two months since I have to spend all my excess energy. Although he used to kick my butt five days a week before that. I reserved other kinds of work out for the weekends. If I could kick his butt to the floor once or twice a week, that would be the highlight of my day.
Though I don’t like the pace of golf, it’s the game of businessmen, I endeavor to do well in it, and as it happens, often business deals are reached at the golf courses. I scowl and look outside from my twentieth floor office’s floor to ceiling windows. The weather is gray as my mood, unpalatable. I have everything under control, but it has been an ordinary existence for me lately. I haven’t had a diversion in the last two months. No exciting challenges and nothing has captured my interest.  Everything is orderly, and all my affairs under control.
The phone buzzes. “Yes, Andrea?”
“Mr. Grey, Miss Anastasia Steele for Miss Katherine Kavanagh is here.”  I hate surprises. I should not have agreed to give an interview to WSU magazine, but then Miss Kavanagh had been quite persistent, and she comes from a business family, whose father I can do business with in return of this favor. But someone else shows up in her place? I’m petulant like a child to Andrea.
“I wasn’t expecting a Miss Steele. I was expecting Katherine Kavanagh!”
“It’s Miss Steele who is here, sir,” she says.

I grumble, “Fine! Send her in!”

Less than a minute later the door opens, and a tangle of chestnut brown hair, pale arms, a messenger bag, indistinctly dressed pale legs in brown boots roll into my office floor sprawled headlong. Although I hate clumsiness, courtesy demands that I go and help her up, and reach out and get her into upright position holding her slim shoulders. As she stands up, I meet the brightest blue, shy eyes capture mine as a jolt of electricity halt me in my tracks. She looks at me, through me, as if to dig into my soul, unnerving me, as if shining a light to the depths of my being and pulling it to the surface.

She blinks, blushing after noticing my face. I grimace, but quickly smile. It’s always the same. Women react to my face that way, tongue tied.

I extend my hand, deciding to have fun. “Miss Kavanagh. I’m Christian Grey. I hope you’re alright. Would you like to sit?”

She blushes, her pearlesque skin changes color to her hairline blushing, bringing her gaze down, her ponytail nearly undone with the tumble she took, her voice stutters briefly as I receive her tiny hand in mine. I feel a jolt of electricity with her touch! Wow! She must feel the same way because she looks as if she got shocked and withdraws her hand with a slight gasp.

“Miss Kavanagh is indisposed. She sent me. She isn’t well. I apologize for the change in the last minute Mr. Grey." Her voice sounds musical, her long lashes cast a shadow over her blue eyes which are downcast again in that shy manner.
“And you are?” I coax the words out of her.

“Oh, I’m Anastasia Steele. I’m studying with Kate.. uhm… Katherine, uhm.. Miss Kavanagh at WSU.” She stutters and stumbles over her words. I’m amused. There’s something about her. She’s a brunette too. As she casts her eyes down again, I can see she’s nervous and extremely shy. She can’t even meet my eyes, she just looks around, anywhere but me. I fix my gaze on her, already feeling a distaste of her indistinct A line skirt, shapeless blouse, and cheap boots. All of a sudden I imagine her in silk and satin; I don’t even know where that thought came from. I can’t imagine her to be a journalist with her demeanor. She doesn’t have a single decisive, emphatic bone in her body. She’s too shy, too compliant, too forbearing… too submissive.  I take a sharp intake of breath. My mind is wondering, and before I can point her to a seat she gazes up at my painting, and looks at it admiringly. I feel compelled to explain. “Local artist,” I say, “Trouton.” I don’t even know what made me explain that, I wouldn’t ordinarily care.

“Lovely,” she speaks slowly, “raising the ordinary to extraordinary.”  I was surprised to hear those words out of her so simply and eloquently, as that was my exact thought on it when I purchased it – in a way, she is extraordinary out of the ordinary.

“Yes…” I find myself saying while gazing at her intently. She flushes all over again, as my thought wonder how her derriere color would change with the bite of my twitchy palms. I don’t know where that thought came from; I slightly shake my head, and see her making an attempt to set up her outdated mini-disk recorder on my very expensive coffee table all thumbs dropping it repeatedly. Though I find clumsiness irritating, I find hers to be endearing, and try to hide a smile behind my index finger.
What the f*ck! How did I not notice those lips and she’s biting her lower lip in her frustration trying to set that antiquated machine up! What I would love to do to that lip! I can’t get my gaze off of it, and my mind is wondering in all directions going crazy! I just want to reach up and release that out of her bite and put it in my mouth! I close my eyes, and take a slow breath as she finally sets up her recorder, and I am chiding myself in my head for thinking like an adolescent boy as she mutters an apology for not being used to that recorder which I could care less; I’m too engrossed watching her bottom lip.

I tell her to take her time giving myself time to gather my errant thoughts.

Once she sets her recorder up, I’m disappointed by the questions she’s asking. They’re mundane, ordinary. Why am I spending my time to answer such questions?
She’s flustering again noticing my distaste, and disappointment.  After hearing my answer to her question she mumbled, “You sound like a control freak.”
What the f*ck? How right you are baby! If only you knew. I tell her looking at her intently “Oh, exercise control in all things Miss Steele.”  I would love to subdue that smart mouth of yours right now! She blushes again biting her lip.

She asks me a question about power; I can tell she finds me arrogant. I give her an answer which pops her mouth open. She then asks me of my interests outside of work to “chill out.” I tell her most of my interests except my two most favorite both of which would include her right now. In fact I am envisioning her tied up on my poster bed in my playroom. What the f*ck! Where did that image come from? She asks me a few other questions which are public information. Didn’t she even do her homework before she came over to interview me? Ridiculous!
Then she opens her mouth and asks me the question even my family didn’t dare to ask; what's in everyone's mind, but no one worded it before:
“Are you gay Mr. Grey?” What the f*ck? How dare she?
I would now love to take you over my knees and beat the living shit out of you had you been mine with that question! I slightly change colors, but compose myself. I answer firmly: “No Anastasia, I’m not!

She has the decency to look painfully embarrassed. She flusters.

“I’m so sorry Mr. Grey. It… uhm.. the question was written…” pointing to her notes, “right here?”

“Didn’t you compile your own questions?” She looks chagrined.

“No, Mr. Grey. Kate, uhm… Miss Kavanagh did,” she replies flushing.

“That explains the questions. Tell me, how did you end up interviewing me if those are Miss Kavanagh’s questions?”
“Uhm… I was drafted. She’s my roommate, and she’s very ill.”
All of a sudden I feel much better. “Well then, let me ask you some questions. It’s only fair after your less than informal, more so personal questions.” She flushes and flusters fidgeting in her seat. I look at her pointed, yeah, I like to get you squirming, and subdue you baby! There she goes again biting her lower lip. I just want to reach over and thug that chin so she stops doing it, or else I will f*ck her over on my coffee table… Calm down Grey, I tell myself.  
I ease myself back into my chair, and rub my lower lip with my index finger. She fidgets more. Ok, she’s not a lesbian, and not immune to my charms.

Andrea comes in after knocking the door. “Mr. Grey, your next appointment is in two minutes.”

“Cancel my next appointment Andrea!” I say, and she freezes in her place. “Sir?”

“I said cancel it,” turning my head to her gaping mouth, face getting red. Anastasia is getting ready to leave, and packing her things saying, “I don’t want to alter your schedule Mr. Grey.” At least Andrea has the decency to finally realize my command, and says, “yes sir.”

“You don’t have to leave right away Miss Steele. I can give you a tour if you like.” She’s ready to bolt.
“Oh, you don’t have to do that for me Mr. Grey,” she mumbles.

“Miss Steele, what are your plans after graduation?”
“I haven’t thought that far Mr. Grey. Just trying to get through my finals.”

I find myself offering her a job; I’d never do that, “you can apply for an internship here.” What the hell is wrong with me, she’s too young, and I have a policy to never f*ck  the staff. But she’s not staff yet.

She dismisses my offer. What’s wrong with my company?

“Why not?” I ask her.

“It’s obvious, isn’t it?” she asks as if it’s common knowledge, and takes her bag and stands up. Not to me! I rise up, and walk to the door smoothly, opening it for her. I don’t want her to trip over her own feet on her way out, indicating my intention, and she grudgingly thanks me as I smile.

Both Andrea and the intern’s mouth agape as I walk Miss Steele out. I ask her if she had a jacket, and the intern rushes to get it for her. I grab it out of her hand, put it on Miss Steele. My hand is on her shoulder just a second too long and I feel the jolt of electricity again as I know she does as well.

“Goodbye Anastasia,” I say. “Goodbye Christian,” she says as the door closes.

I turn on my heels, and order Andrea:

“Get Welch on the line!” A minute later he’s on.

“Welch! I want you to do a background check for me.”
“Yes sir. Name?”

“Anastasia Steele. I need it ASAP.”

“Yes sir.” I hang up. Now I wait. And I don’t do waiting. I have to give myself time to see if I still want her in a couple of days. She is too young, and looks too inexperienced, but how fun would it be to teach her. I hate waiting.

A couple of days later I receive her detailed but nondescript background check. She’s 21 years old, works at a hardware store part time, has 4.0 GPA, but it says nothing about her past or present relationships. Even though few days passed since she had interviewed me, I can’t get her off my mind. I have to find out. I dial my assistant.

“Andrea, book me a place in Portland, for tomorrow.”

“Yes sir.”
I hate waiting, I don’t do waiting! I am freaking right now, but I have to find out about her. I’ve never pursued a woman before. It’s a first. I don’t even know her sexual orientation. She seemed to have responded my charms positively. What if she’s not single? F*ck! The thought never occurred to me. Only one way to find out. If she’s not, then I’ll come back and forget about that idiotic venture. But right now, I’m going out of my mind and itching to find out about her. I can’t get her lip biting out of my mind without my inside twitching like a teenage boy.
Tomorrow. I’ll see her again tomorrow.

55 comments:

Anonymous said...

brill

Lena said...

Jesus.. I just found your blog and although I have to study for an oral exam I find myself reading your writings. They're amazing and I'm all like "screw the exam, I want mooooore of these stories!"

Anonymous said...

Nicely done! I was wondering how things had ended with Leila or even other subs for that matter. Also we know how Christian met Ana but how did he come across the others? There are many unanswered questions in the book-- it's nice to have an answer.

Your view is excellent--and it helps with the withdrawls :)Thank you on behalf of FSoG readers everywhere.

Anonymous said...

Can't seem to enough of Christian Grey. I am rereading all over again, till Friday;)
joyce

Lynnd said...

Okay , I had never even heard of " Fan fiction " Until last Friday . But i must say i'm Hooked ! I just love what you have done with Christian and his POV . I can not wait to see where you take his feeling and how you express them . A BIG than you from a new Fan .

Anonymous said...

Is there only the three chapters?? I want more!!

Eminé Fougner @ Cowboyland said...

Check the left column: There is 30 chapters on the first book. And 16 on the second one. Under the Title Christian's POV, you'll see the chapter headings listed. It's got all the links. Let me know if you can find them.

Mother Issues said...

Christian and Ana have not only opened my mind to their relationship, they also have balanced a great love life with family.

Anonymous said...

When is the book out?? The Christian side and what are they called??

Gail said...

I want to be able to read this on my iPhone <3
:-)

Eminé Fougner @ Cowboyland said...

Doesn't it show? You can also download it on pdf onto your phone.

Anonymous said...

am enjoying your words ... you are without a doubt aiming to please ... cant wait for more x.X.x

Anonymous said...

Agree, cannot wait for more . Thanks

Eminé Fougner @ Cowboyland said...

It gets better as the chapters progress. As with anything new, I too was getting to know 50, and personally I think I've managed to know him well enough at Chapter 7. Some of the readers think it's before that, but that's my personal opinion. If you manage to hang on to the last chapter, 30 is the best.

Anonymous said...

I need more Christian like Christopher Walken needs more cow bell!

Eminé Fougner @ Cowboyland said...

LOL! We got cowbells :) Will Ferrell is on his way with more

Anonymous said...

Oh my....I just found this blog and I can't stop reading!! I love it!! I'm addicted!! Thank you so much for writing in Christian's POV!!

Jenfer said...

Emine, the thing about Christian Grey that intrigues me the most, is his beautiful, yet f*cked up way of trying to show how much he cares and loves Anastasia! He had a terrible, traumatic childhood (until he was adopted), but then it seems like he never really gets over it, even though he's been saved by a wealthy, loving family! What happens throughout his pre-teen to teenage years, and then when Elena gets her claws in him, is what I would love to explore! Why was he such a bad boy in school? What made him act that way?
Of course, he is described as extremely sexy and handsome, in a young, bad boy way, so that's another reason he's appealing to me. He says the right things to make you melt, and touches you in the all the right places....he's what every girl wants...a man who cares so much that it consumes him to the core.
You seem to have nailed him on the head, Emine. Your Christian is perfect!

:)

Jenfer said...

I don't know if I can wait until Monday!! The anticipation is killing me!! :)

Love and Laters,
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

How do I download the PDF to my phone?

Eminé Fougner @ Cowboyland said...

Email me @ Eminethe1st @Gmail.com and I will send you. A copy :-)

Jenfer said...

Emine,

You are so fabulous! You think so much about your readers, and what they think and how they feel about your writing. That is so refreshing! I know I am one of your biggest fans, and love helping you out when you ask for it! This blog has been such a joy for me to come home to after a long day at work, something to relax with, and enjoy!
Don't worry that you're not pleasing everyone! You just keep doing what you do, because you do it BRILLIANTLY!!!

Love and Laters,
Jennifer

Tweetyct2 said...

Hello,

I am so glad that I found your blog. I want to download this entire book to my iBook b/c it would be easier to read. I am not abke to download the PDF you put on scribd. Would you mind email it to tweetyct2@gmail.com? I look forward to read it.

Thanks!

Lady Ashiree said...

OMG! i'm soooo happy i found your blog!

i was about to prepare for my 1st day of work..but i found a link of your blog on twitter...so here i am...addiction mode.

i just can't stop reading!!!!!!!
great work!!!

God bless you!!!

Unknown said...

I am starting over again, waiting anxiously for your next update. Love how you are making this love story much better by adding in all the details that we were missing.

stine1 said...

Really nicely written. You skipped a few days in the end but that's ok. I will definitely read on!

Anonymous said...

Wow, had read the books and found this.. soo good. thanks..

Jenfer said...

Emine,

Sooo, there is no where for me to post from the new chapter, so I went back to the first chapter to post this. What's up? You ok? I have emailed you...you're making me worry! :(

Love & Laters,

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Just read Pella series please continue I'm hooked.

Anonymous said...

I have just finished the Fifty Shades trilogy and found your blog.
Very good job! You can be sure I'll comment your work as I love this story!abandone

neves089 said...

Emine esta a minha terceira tentativa em falar com vc!
Estou muito impressionada com sua estória sob a ótica do Cristian, eh perfeita, vc soube conduzir de forma precisa, clara e objetiva, não perdendo nenhuma das falas dos personagens, humanizando o Cristian ateh mais que a autora original tanto no livro I e no II, mas no livro III vc esta superando!
Na trilogia original o livro que mais me encantou foi o segundo porque humanizou o Cristian e mostrou que suas vivencias o tornaram um homem imperfeito mas nem por isso encantador.
Agora nesta sua releitura de 50 Tons o terceiro livro eh com certeza belíssimo, acho que vc esta acertando mais que o original, menina o casamento foi maravilhoso, dos sonhos mesmo digno de Anastácia e qualquer reles mortal!
Agora na lua de mel vc se superou, a cena em Paris ao Son de Luiz Armstrong, impecável!
Parabéns! Sou sua fa desde já!
Obrigada por esta belíssima estória!

Anonymous said...

Emine esta a minha terceira tentativa em falar com vc!
Estou muito impressionada com sua estória sob a ótica do Cristian, eh perfeita, vc soube conduzir de forma precisa, clara e objetiva, não perdendo nenhuma das falas dos personagens, humanizando o Cristian ateh mais que a autora original tanto no livro I e no II, mas no livro III vc esta superando!
Na trilogia original o livro que mais me encantou foi o segundo porque humanizou o Cristian e mostrou que suas vivencias o tornaram um homem imperfeito mas nem por isso encantador.
Agora nesta sua releitura de 50 Tons o terceiro livro eh com certeza belíssimo, acho que vc esta acertando mais que o original, menina o casamento foi maravilhoso, dos sonhos mesmo digno de Anastácia e qualquer reles mortal!
Agora na lua de mel vc se superou, a cena em Paris ao Son de Luiz Armstrong, impecável!
Parabéns! Sou sua fa desde já!
Obrigada por esta belíssima estória!

Eminé Fougner @ Cowboyland said...

Hi Neves!

Thank you so very much for your very beautiful message! Muito Obrigado!!!

I studied Christian's character, and made the best effort to write his view. I am so pleased that you like it. The first 7 chapters in the first book was still studying him. I think I did better in writing through him after chapter 7 in the first book.

I hope you are also reading the Portuguese chapters. hugs and kisses! ٩(^‿^)۶

Thank you ♥‿♥

Unknown said...

Is that of Grey's point of view?

Unknown said...

I am awaiting for the releasing of 50 shades Movie

Unknown said...

I can't wait for the movie. I loved the books. I should agree these are the best written books.
50 Shades Movie

Unknown said...

Starting over....again :)

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful book! I finished it a few days ago and cannot get it out of my head. It is pure magic. It was everything I hoped it would be and much more
the movie fifty shades

Anonymous said...

I love love love the triology and even more so Christians point of view. I have only read to chapter 13 as I am trying to figure out how to get the rest of the chapters. So far I haven't been able to put down my phone. Thank you for this story.

Unknown said...


Hey Eminé,

Starting all over again...
So good my dear!!!
Tks for everything.
Big kiss
Caroline Moraes
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil.

Unknown said...

Hello! I stumbled upon these just in time for a long flight! Would I be able to get all 4 books emailed to me? Belinda.welker@gmail.com

GREAT WRITING!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Is there a way I can read this on my iPhone? like a pdf copy? thanks

Anonymous said...

can u please send me the whole 3 books so dat i can read it on my iphone :) i cant donwload the pdf on scrb tnx kagibunching@yahoo.com.ph

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! AWESOME!!
you write sooooo well, my dear..
Now i can't wait for the next..
<3

Unknown said...

Hi Emine....in preparation for the trailer thought I would read yet again! Love your writing. Hope all is well at the Grand Canyon

Your writing absolutely takes me away....thank you. Love you

Momfrog Lorita said...

Hi! I just today have been introduced to A Walk in the Clouds. Have only read the first chapter and I'm hooked. I read the FSOG trilogy a few weeks ago ... all 3 within 4 days. And I love it! I'm so looking forward to Christian's POV. I like your writing style; this is going to be fun! :)

Unknown said...

Emine I just sent you an email my email is Asteward81@icloud.com. Hope to hear from you soon. Keep up the great work!! <3

ariel said...

I love reading things in COP. Your story is really good so far i def. enjoy it so far!

Claudia Cruz said...

Ate q fim achei seu blog, estou mega feliz Emine...kkkkkk...adoreiii o que vc fez com a versão Christian Grey, estou mega viciada li todas as versões em 3 semana, nao vejo a hora de sair o cap 2 do livro 5...

Parabéns e sucesso....beijos

Unknown said...

Yay! I found you again!!! :) My computer crashed back in 2012 and I was completely crushed that I couldn't finish reading your stories. I'm starting from the beginning. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Why is the EL James book "Grey" so much like your story? Did you get credit for writing it?

Anonymous said...

Emine, thank you for writing such beautiful and entertaining books from Christian Greys point of view. They are magnificent!. You have such a fantastic way of writing, I would venture to say even better than E L James herself. I am completely hooked on your blog on Mr. Greys POV. I have read your new book and am completely hooked on that too. You are truly a gifted writer. Thank you for all of the time and effort that you have put into this.

God bless both you and your family

Unknown said...

Hi I love your version of the story. I'm having trouble downloading it to my kindle. Is there a way to help me

Jess84 said...

Am having trouble with book 5 in the English version. Please help.

Anonymous said...

Am having trouble viewing the pella books. It says my email has no permission to view the page. ��